XI International Natural Sciences Tournament
We start the Extramural round!
Every year bright young scientists gather at the International Natural Sciences Tournament (INST) to generate new scientific ideas and stand up for their own ideas during dynamic scientific polemics. The Tournament helps to form collaborations between participants, scientific experts, and industry. The main goal of the competition is teaching students how to apply their knowledge to solve current practical scientific and industrial problems.
What is INST and who can participate?
The INST is a team competition for current undergraduate students and students getting Bachelor’s or Master’s diploma in 2020. Students should study one of the following specializations: Chemistry, Material Science, Physics, Biology, Medicine, Pharmaceuticals, Engineering, or related areas. The team may be supported by a coach, a person with a completed Master’s degree (graduated no later than 2019, otherwise he/she will not be able to participate as a Jury member) or higher.
Why do you need to participate in INST?
Serious science linked to modern worldwide challenges. We offer a wide range of tasks with real biological, medical, chemical, physical, and other challenges. Participants deepen their knowledge in natural sciences, improve their problem-solving skills, and enforce an image of science as a universal tool to solve modern societal issues.
Polemics. During INST, participants not only have to present and defend their task solutions but oppose the solutions of other teams. That way, students gain valuable experience in scientific discussions in a competitive way.
Networking. Throughout the Tournament, students have the opportunity to meet like-minded students, researchers, and industry representatives to form a supportive community and facilitate ideas sharing through countries and continents.
How to participate?
The Tournament consists of the National rounds, the Extramural round, and the Grand final (or as it was called it Intramural round earlier). In each round, the team will solve a number of current industrial and scientific problems.
- To participate in the Grand final of INST, the team should try its best and present clear and outstanding solutions to 2 of 3 the Extramural round problems in suggested formats via account. The deadlines for this year's Extramural round are September 30, 2020 (first wave), and November 1, 2020 (second wave). The best teams will be selected for participation in the Grand final.
- The team-winners of the Qualifying rounds of INST are invited to participate in the Grand final without taking part in the Extramural round. Qualifying rounds are the tournaments, which are held in different countries. Due to the day, the INST has the Qualifying round (ТЕН).
Where the INST is held?
The Extramural round of INST is an online competition, the team just needs to submit their solutions of the Extramural round problems as it is required.
The information about venues of the Qualifying rounds is published on their official webpages.
The Grand final of INST is held in different countries every year. The venue of the XI INST Grand final will be announced later. To read more information about INST, please visit our About page.
What about organizing fees?
- Participation in the Extramural round is free of charge.
- The information about organizing fees of the Qualifying rounds is published on their official webpages.
- The Organizing fee for the Grand final for participants of the first and second waves will be announced later.
This will provide accommodation for a team of 5 members and its coach for the Grand final days of the Tournament. Please, pay your attention that the participation fee is not refunded.
Important documents and videos
Please, check our framework documents to know more about our Tournament
What is the challenge? Who is a Speaker, an Opponent and
The Challenge ab ovo: watch the rules and typical mistakes!
|Grand final Problems||
Twelve interdisciplinary problems, played throughout
|Extramural Round Problems||Here we present three problems to start the competition!|
|Extramural Round Grading System||
Check what our experts pay attention to!
Our past tournaments
Watch the video about INST2019 to see how it was then.